Monday, July 13, 2009

Doubting and Shouting to Undermine Pouting

I am conscious and self-conscious of who I am for you.

Am I as beautiful or smart enough to keep up with new

And novel things you do obtain and then abstain

From other things that I can do,

That I can prove to you are true about myself.

-----------------------------------------------

I keep on asking questions but I only ask myself;

Am I worth a risk, the time, a fight,

A compliment, a sacrifice?

And when my world’s foundation’s strong,

Will you protect it from all wrong?

And when my world comes crashing down

Will you stand tall and stay the ground?

Will you TRY to fill all of my needs,

The ones I know that you can see?

Will you risk your weakness, pride in peril,

to save my life, even if you fail?

------------------------------------------

Can I ask you for one word, or for one song,

Or just a kiss when nights are long

And we are tired and we are scared,

Of conversations that we’ve shared,

And how I think you will respond

With too much rage or not at all.

What can I ask? What can I say?

To know you’re love won’t fade away?

-----------------------------------------

So take a breath to let me choose,

It doesn’t mean you have to lose.

Don’t be consoled by this control

You feel that only you should know.

But be content to be with me,

And not afraid of where I lead.

It won’t be long, it won’t be far

I just want you to know you are

So safe and sound, you’re hand in mine

You’re the only love I find.

So trust me now

Won’t let you down,

I’ll make you proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment