Thursday, February 24, 2011

Surprise, Surprise!

Any first thing I am inclined to say won't sound anything less than ULTRA cheesy, but here it is.

I have a crush on someone.

After living for so long in the world of "Love will never exist for me again", I didn't see this one coming. This isn't love. This isn't anything, it's not even practical, or likely. But even so, it feels good. To feel the hint of a spark is almost more exciting than the fire. It is hope.

Funnily enough, he caught my eye the first time I saw him. (ULTRA cheesy) However I was an outsider, so I chose to stay outside, until yesterday. I decided to make an effort. Eventually we had a conversation, it was personal, encouraging, there was eye contact, and sincerity. Then it was time to leave, and he was leaving in the morning, for 6 weeks. I said good-bye, he gave me a hug, and a couple chatting minutes later, he gave me another hug.

When I left the snow was beautiful. I wasn't cold, or lonely. Just...pleasantly surprised.

1 comment:

  1. YESSS!!! A new era of songwriting for Chelsea Dasso begins.

    ReplyDelete