Monday, August 30, 2010

Why Bother?

I don't understand why you had to tell me you listened. Or why you had to tell me why you were listening or how you had convinced yourself to listen. This might sound selfish, but no matter how much something is about me it always, somehow, becomes about you. If you had to say anything at all, why didn't you just say congratulations? And why end your little emotional spill with how you think I should feel about the situation? I don't think either of us has any business telling the other person 1) how they think and perceive certain events, or 2) how the other person should perceive the same events. I was quite enjoying my baggage free months, or at least my talking baggage free months.

Stop backtracking. You are moving on, great, keep moving on, don't tell me when you think of me, or listen to me or most of all WHY you do it. You cut the final stings you don't get to re-tie them temporarily whenever it is convenient for you. "I want to let this story go, so please, leave me alone." Start thinking about someone else for a change, like how what you say and do affects other people, like me, or her.

1 comment:

  1. Alright, Chels. It's time for something horrific to happen so I have something new to read!

    ReplyDelete